Visitors to TUCSIN Tsumkwe Lodge will not only be able to experience the ancient and unique culture of the San community but will also be contributing to the improved livelihoods of the local San people.
100% of profits generated by the TUCSIN Tsumkwe Lodge fund local projects in education, income generation, training, cultural preservation and more.
Indeed, the San community can no longer survive exclusively by hunting and gathering thus, they require a local perspective for education and training. It is of cardinal importance to integrate community members and in particular the Ju/’hoan San Bushmen, who live in the Nyae Nyae Conservancy. It requires a well-informed approach with respect for the precious – but rare – value systems of traditional hunter-gatherer societies.
In proximity to the Nyae Nyae Pans and Khaudom National Park, TUCSIN Tsumkwe lodge is an ideal adventurous starting point to reach the Zambezi (Caprivi) Region as well as Botswana via the Dobe border post to experience the famous Okavango-Delta. Tsumkwe is still a wilderness paradise, off the beaten track!
Accommodation complemented by personal hosting and cultural excursions to Ju/’hoansi villages form part of the day to day function of this Hospitality and Training facility. With its proximity to the Nyae Nyae Pans and Khaudom National Park, Tsumkwe is still a wilderness paradise, off the beaten track!
The guided cultural and environmental tours offer a wide range of experiences that allow our guests to meet the remarkable Ju/’hoan San people and experience their unique culture as it exists today and from their ancient past. Our knowledgeable and experienced guides are members of the local community and can answer questions about their culture, the flora and fauna of the Eastern Kalahari and the life of San people in modern Namibia.
Facilities and Services:
- Fuel Station in town (Petrol & Diesel available but, advisable to reconfirm before arrival)
- Basic shop in town
- Reception Desk at Lodge (06h00 to 22h00)
- Check in from 14h00 / Check out at 10h00
- Bar & Restaurant under thatch roof
- Prior arrangement can be made for specific dietary requirements
- 24 hours electricity
- Bathroom amenities and towels
- Swimming Pool
- Rooms are not wheel chair friendly
- Credit card facilities for Master & Visa Cards
- Internet facility only on request at Reception
- Gravel / Sand airstrip Co-ordinates S19.35 E20.27 (10km from the lodge)
- 21 Twin rooms each with two ¾ beds and en-suite shower, toilet
- 1 Family room sleeping two parents and two small children
Six campsites are adjacent to the lodge. Each with electrical point, water point, “braai area with grid” (BBQ); communal washing and toilet facilities
- Full Day Cultural Village Visit
- Half Day Cultural Village
- Half Day Holboom Excursion (Giant Baobab Tree)
- Nyae Nyae Pans Excursion
- Khaudum Excursion Inclusive – 4×4 Vehicle, Driver-guide, Park entry fees – (Lunch packs for guests own account)
The above activities can be tailor-made to your preference with prior notice
Families with Children:
- Children 0 to 4 years sharing with parents – Free of Charge (FOC)
- Children from 5 to 11 years sharing with parents (Half Price)
- Meals – (Children 0 – 4 FOC / 5 -11 Half Price of adult rate)
Road Directions – GPS Coordinates: Lat -19.601303 Lng 20.495356
From Grootfontein – Drive +/- 65Km north on the B8 tar road, turn right at the turnoff to Tsumkwe & Maroela Boom on the C44 gravel road. The gravel road is +/- 320Km to Tsumkwe. As you enter town, drive past the School and Craft Centre and follow directions to the lodge +/- 1km distance.
Dobe Border Post is 56Km further east from Tsumkwe. Gate closes at 15h30 and opens at 08h00..
Click here to download Activity Document and Rates for San Immersion Village
East Namibia – Bushmanland
Region – Otjozondjupa
+264 (0)67 687 055
+264 67 240 905